Each year the Mershon Center hosts outstanding scholars with a variety of research interests. The post-doctoral fellowship is open to individuals who have recieved their in the last five years.
Those scholars who have received their terminal degree more than five years ago, please see our Visiting Scholar application procedures.
(1) The use of force and diplomacy in international relations. (2) The study of political and economic decision-making that affects war and peace. (3) Culture and identity and their impact on national security. (4) Law and the institutional management of violent inter-group conflict that might arise from a variety of normative causes, including conflicting material interests, normative beliefs, or resource scarcity and usage.
Please submit the following materials to: Viki Jones Mershon Center 1501 Neil Ave. Columbus, OH 43201
and electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) A one-page statement of the candidate's primary interest.
2) A C.V. with the standard items and list of refereed publications.
3) A description of the proposed research project that should explain the specific project to be undertaken during a year at Mershon, relate the contribution of the proposed research to the Mershon Center scholarly activities, and explain the significance of the project.
4) An official transcript and three letters of recommendation.
The Mershon Center will begin reviewing applications January 15, 2005 and continue until the positions are filled. For fullest consideration, please submit applications by this date.