Olin Institute for Strategic Studies, Harvard University
To be considered for a John M. Olin Fellowship in National Security, an applicant must submit four (4) complete copies of the following items:
(1) cover letter, including current e-mail address
(2) current curriculum vitae, including publications
(3) 1500-word description of the proposed research project
The description should include the background, nature, importance, specific objectives, and methodology of the proposed research project.
(4) one or two unbound samples of writing
The writing samples should be pertinent to the proposed research project, if possible.
(5) the names of three people whom the applicant has asked to confidentially evaluate his/her proposed research project and scholarly qualifications.
Each of these people must send his/her letter of recommendation directly to the Olin Institute by the January deadline.
Applications for a John M. Olin Fellowship in National Security must be received by the Institute no later than Tuesday, January 17th, 2006 for a fellowship beginning the following September. Awards will be announced by mid-March. In cases of demonstrated need, an early decision may be requested. Please indicate clearly on your application whether you are applying for a pre- or a postdoctoral fellowship and the date on which you expect to defend, if applicable.
Application materials should be addressed to the Director:
Professor Stephen Peter Rosen
Olin Institute for Strategic Studies
1737 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, MA 02138-3099